Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Lip plumper comparison/review/swatches!

I've tried several lip plumpers over the past few years and I thought I'd share my experience with them.  In all honestly, I tried them out of curiosity.  I didn't have high hopes that any of them would noticably plump my lips.  These are the four lip plumpers I have tried:

  • Physician's Formula Plump Potion in nude potion
  • Buxom Lips in Amber
  • LipFusion in Crave *mini tube in photo
  • LipFusion XL (only available in clear) *mini tube in photo

(top to bottom) Buxom Lips in Amber, Physician's Formula Plump Potion in nude potion, LipFusion XL, LipFusion in Crave

My thoughts: (swatches at the bottom)

Physician's Formula Plump Potion: This gloss gave my lips the most noticable "plump".   This gloss is a very pretty color, but wow did it burn.  I don't have sensitive lips either.  This one felt like I rubbed raw jalepenos on my lips.  It even turned my lips red.  My husband thought I put red lipgloss on.   For some reason I tried this a few more times and I will say that it burns less the more you wear it.  It's almost like you have to get your lips used to it.  By the fourth time I wore this, I actually liked it.   The gloss is thick and stays on your lips for quite a while.  Six hours later I still had the gloss on and could still feel a slight tingle.  My grocery store sells them for $10, but I got mine when it was on sale for $5.  It comes with a ton of product.  Great value!

Buxom Lips: I love the color of this gloss.  It's gives just a hint of color and a nice sheen to the lips.  I don't see any plumping with this gloss.  It does stay on the lips around 4 hours for me and it has a nice cooling tingle.  I bought one of these for my sister and she loves it because of how long it stays on the lips.  The consistency isn't as thick as the Physician's formula.

LipFusion: This one is my absolute favorite.  It has an amazing mandarin scent and it does plump my lips just a tad.  The color I have is "crave" and it is a gorgeous shade.  I wear it alone or over a nude lipstick.  Again, this is long lasting on me (around 3-5 hours).  It has a slightly sticky formula, but I don't mind that.  I personally prefer sticky glosses because they last longer.  I would repurchase this again and again.

LipFusion XL: This is more of a lip plumping treatment than a gloss.  It is to be applied right before bed.  While it does plump my lips slightly, I don't have many fine lines around my lips.....yet.  This has a peppermint scent and just a slight tingle on the lips that goes away after a few minutes.  I did go nuts when Sephora had them for 75% off and I stocked up on them.  Would I repurchase at the full price of $50?  Absolutely not.  Will I continue using it since I have so many?  Probably.  You might find some of my backups on my blog sale in the future. 

(L to R) Physician's Formula Plump Potion in nude potion, Buxom Lips in Amber, LipFusion in Crave, LipFusion XL

No comments:

Post a Comment